Not a Diet, it's a Lifestyle

By | 10:24 PM 1 comment
I've never been one to "diet".  I mean yes, I have cut back on bread or alcohol in order to get into the bride's maid dress for my brother's wedding. Or the new two-piece for that long awaited getaway, but nothing for any major period of time.


Lately, I've learned of family and friends suffering from ailments/conditions that were never of grave concern before.  When it hit close to home, I started doing some research and learned that most of these issues could be handled by just making slight changes to our diet.  Don't get me wrong, nothing I hadn't heard before in some form or fashion - but now I was ready to hear.  Isn't that usually how it is? (c'mon, it's not just me).


For instance, did you know that not only is cauliflower, great for detoxing and loaded with antioxidants, but you can use it to make faux mashed potatoes and rice!



So, starting with a 28 day detox, I decided to cut back, off, down and out a few things. I eliminated refined sugars, carbs, grains, dairy, AND ALCOHOL! 


Did I mention that I've been a Pescatarian for over 20 years?

Most detox tell you after the set deadline, to begin adding back foods one by one, to monitor the effects of each.  After researching, I've decided to continue with the detox, and adding a variation of the famous Paleo Diet  

** Before embarking on any dietary change plan, do plenty of research to see which is right for you, and consult your physician. 

Subscribe to the blog, if you haven't already, and follow my journey, as I make the switch! Along the way I will be sharing recipes, product feedback, and lifestyle tips.  

Maybe you'll be inspired! ;) 

By Mystique 



ALSO AT: 







 . 


1 comment: Leave Your Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing. People always assume that you are dieting when you eat well or choose to cut some foods. It's not the case, cutting things out is more for your benefit than for dieting.

    ReplyDelete