What’s in my bag?

By | 11:53 PM Leave a Comment
Ahhh, Spring is almost upon us!  Being the creature of habit that I am, whether living someplace with four season or in Haiti, I always tend to keep with the traditions of Spring cleaning.  Around this time of year I always get the urge to change things up, rid myself of the old, and make a few new purchases for the Spring/Summer months to add a bit of brightness back into my life…in all aspects.

My purse; something I always keep full of makeup, business cards, a change of shoes, is the first place I clean out.  Allow me to give you a peek inside and my thought process on doing such.  

In my bag, I arm myself with any and everything I may need to survive any given day or situation (wait…I’m not the only women who does this right?).  I am quiet partial to tote bags myself. Now obviously bigger handbags may not be your thing, or practical for you to carry around all the time so a few of my ideas may not work in your smaller bag….and that’s fine no worries.


When Spring/Summer months come along I switch my foundation to a good quality BB cream moisturizer. I recommend using a light weight BB or CC cream that will even out your skin tone and give you moderate coverage without the heaviness of a lot of foundations. Coral, pink as well as nude lip colors are in this Spring and my favorite go to colors for every day, so do keep a gloss or two handy while on the go. I usually keep press powder and concealer in my purse for touch ups, because you never what’ll happen during the course of a busy day and when you may need to eliminate some shine.


Aside from makeup and other necessities, I keep a pair of comfy flats to change inside my bag.  I give props to the women out there who can rock heels all day every day of the week, I unfortunately am not one of them.  In my bag, I keep either a pair of ballet flats, or a cute strappy sandal to show off a freshly done pedicure.  In Haiti, and other parts of the Caribbean and beyond, Spring also brings rainy season.  A light jacket (shawl/sweater) and a cute easy close umbrella is also something every fashionista or woman on the go should have.  You never want show up to a meeting or dinner with friends soaked from head to toe, ruining your OOTD.   





I leave you with something my mother always said to me growing up “As a lady, always be prepared for the unexpected.”  


Stay ahead of the game my ladies, keep stress to a minimum and don’t sweat the small stuff!



By Rachele Viard
 



ALSO AT: 




0 comments:

Post a Comment