Visit to the Atelier of Pascale Theard Creations

By | 10:18 AM 2 comments
I visited the atelier of Pascale Theard, home of Pascale Theard Creations, beautifully handcrafted leather sandals and accessories.  

I first became aware of Pascale's Creations back in 2006, during one of the fairs held in Haiti.  I was first drawn to her designs, because of her brilliant use of colors and traditional voodoo motifs in her work.  Upon closer examination, you notice the refine finish and the quality leather used.  I feel in love with a pair of black leather sandals with two beautiful ornate bow in front.  Unfortunately, that day the sandals would not go home with me because they didn't have my size.  Pascale does not do too many of a style, and though I love that about her collection, I would be left longing for those sandals for a very longtime. 

The atelier is located in the industrial section of Port-Au-Prince, along the airport road.  My first stop after the drive, was the ladies room, and even there her artist talent and influence was inevitable.  



We were taken on a tour of the massive two floor structure.  From the work room, where you can see the women hand affixing beads onto patters.  



To the "secret area" where we got to see some of the prototypes for her latest collection.  I immediately noticed a small bag, made of the softest leather ever, and with the collection's signature tassels.  I was in love!  Not even knowing how it was meant to be worn, I attached it as a waist bag and refused to take it off, even after they promised I could have the first once they were made.  Me and the bag were such a perfect fit, everyone was in agreement, that I had to take it home.  They also showed me a pair of sandals that were never produced, but the one, for a past fashion show.  I also had to have it.  They had me at exclusive.  Even my new waist bag, when created it will not be done in the same leather I have, therefore, I will be the only one to have both pieces.  Words every real Fashionista loves to hear- One of a kind!  


The tour continued with a visit to the factory. This is where all the pieces come together.



Then there were the shoes!  Walls filled with all the collections of Pascale Theard sandals.



And guess what I found?  They had recently relaunched that darling little sandal I had fallen in love with many years ago.  I asked for my size, and when I placed it on my foot, it was as if made for my foot exactly.  I would not be going home without them this time! Now if I could only decide between the black or purple.  Hhhmm? 


My bag gets a polished and cleaning before I can take it home


How often do you get to me the person who made your piece with his own hands?! 

It's one thing to have a beautiful piece, but when the designer is also a beautiful person, it makes that piece just that much better.  Pascale took the time to hangout and even shared some ideas that she was playing around with, even accepting my input! 

All in all, it was a great day and I got some beautiful one of a kind pieces, made just for me! 






Check out Pascale Theard Collection. http://www.pascaletheard.com/  Quality leather goods, made by hand, and made in Haiti!  




By 
MYSTIQUE 

ALSO AT: 

2 comments: Leave Your Comments

  1. Fashionista blog are amazing since they used to be fashion untouchables at any rate. fashionistaloves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting post! Cute waist bag.

    ReplyDelete