Aztec... Not Just Tex-Mex

By | 11:27 AM Leave a Comment

Agreeing to grab a quick bite with a friend, I suggested Aztec Mexican Fusion Cuisine and Bar in Petion-Ville.  I've been wanting to try this place from when it first opened months ago.  I follow their mouthwatering account on Instagram, and have met the beautiful and charming proprietor, Carolyn Desert a few times and have promised to stop by.  Though too late for the Sunday Brunch that I have been dying to try, I finally get to experience Aztec.
                                   

Once inside it is every bit like a Mexican Fiesta.  From it's brightly painted furniture, the Sombrero covered walls, to the Corona chandeliers. 


Once seated, by the very friendly and attentive staff, my friend and I decided to start off with Pina Coladas. Now I am quite finicky about my Pina Coladas, and ordered half reluctantly, not wanting to be disappointed. I was not.  What came to me was a perfect mix of pina and colada.  No too milky, just the right amount of sweetness and even topped with some powered cinnamon. 

The menu at Aztec is pack with an array of choices from; tacos, salads, lasagna and more.  With certain entrees, customers have the choice of ordering either a snack or combo; the latter being a bigger sized portion with a side of rice.  My friend decided to go with the taco classic combo with chicken.  I wanted to try several things, but finally decided upon the fajitas. You get a choice of chicken, shrimp, tilapia, or vegetables, or a choice of two with the combo.  I went with the shrimp and tilapia combo.   

I wont go into too much detail about how good the dish was, but I will say I was done with my meal before I realized I hadn't taken a picture of my plate.  Well, I guess I'll just have to go back again, and this time I'm trying the quesadillas.  Or maybe the veggie burger, or perhaps just a combo.  ;)












For  good food made fresh and great service, you must try Aztec.  Mexican fusion in Haiti.


Aztec Summer Menu
for more info: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1380892415470857 

for menu check menu.ht http://www.menu.ht/EN/menu.php?restaurant=Aztec%20Fusion%20and%20Bar


By MYSTIQUE 

ALSO AT: 





0 comments:

Post a Comment