I left my heart at Les Voiles de Saint-Tropez

By | 11:59 PM Leave a Comment
Has this ever happened to you?  A new restaurant comes to town, and quickly becomes your favorite! You go to the top of the highest mountain to sing it's praise.  Whenever a friend says, "Let's go get something good to eat" you quickly site the restaurants name with the pride of discovering the Hope diamond. 

Well as a self-declared pizza connoisseur (I am from New York for Heaven's sake) that restaurant was Les Voiles de Saint-Tropez.


I first discovered Les Voiles de Saint-Tropez by accident, but was very excited to see a new pizza joint in town.  I walked in and immediately saw the large brick-oven serving as a beautiful center-piece and promising great pizza! That day I ordered the vegetarian pizza, but soon came back to try the Seafood pizza, which quickly became my favorite. 

Now fast-forward to the other night.

Myself and a friend had been working all day on an upcoming project.  A fellow New Yorker, when she mentioned grabbing a bite to eat, I of course suggested my fav. We hurried along, and I couldn't wait to get her feedback on my Petion-Ville find.  To add more joy, she also loved anchovies, and we quickly agreed on the Anchovy pizza.

We recapped the day and sipped on wine as we awaited our dinner.  When the pizza arrived, with a smug expression, I served her the first slice.  Waiting to hear the accolades for my choice, my ears stung as the first negative comment rang out.  I quickly tried my slice.  How could this be??!!

The homemade sauce I had come to love, tasted as if someone had accidentally knocked over a cup of sugar into the pot.  We fought for what was the one slice that had a visible slice of anchovy.  I was devastated!

Then when we asked for some cheese to sprinkle on top since there was no Parmesan, we were given some crumbly unidentified cheese.
I would say the best thing about dinner was the homemade pepper sauce.  Again, as a lover of a good power packing pepper, this was right up there with some of the best (my favorite is one from Hot & Fresh). The service was also good. The waitress was pleasant and quick to try and fulfill our request.     


Though dinner was less than stellar, I'm not quite sure I am ready to abandon Les Voiles right away and turns out I may have another option.... Le Paris de St. tropez located in Laboule is also by the same owner. Hey, I'm open!  Stay tuned for my next review.  ;) 


Les Voiles de Saint-Tropez
Addresse : 95, Rue Gregoire, Petion-Ville
Tel : +50931063401 
Email: lesvoilesdesainttopez95@yahoo.fr 

By 
MYSTIQUE 

ALSO AT: 

0 comments:

Post a Comment