Culture, Lights, Action..."We Love you Anne" Avant-Premiere

By | 10:36 AM Leave a Comment

I was invited to attend the Avant-Premiere of the film, "We love you Anne".  Fans have waited over 10 years for this sequel to "I love you Anne".

The script was written by Dominique Jean.  The film was directed by Richard Senecal and produced by Communication Plus.  All of the characters from the original were involved, with two newcomers; actress Gessica Geneus and Reginald Bastien from Djakout Mizik.

I will admit, I am not the follower of Haitian movies, so I don't really have much of a basis of reference; and it's not fair to compare it to American films, but I will say that I did enjoy "We love you Anne".


The cast had a great chemistry, and fed well off of one another.  I appreciated that, though I had not seen the prequel, I was still able to follow the storyline.  I loved comedian TonTon Bicha's performance.  He kept the sometime serious storyline, light and upbeat without playing the buffoon.  But the standout actor for me was, Gessica Geneus
Though not a main female character, Gessica captivated the standing room only audience throughout the entire movie. You waited to see what her character,  the sexy-trouble making, man-stealing, old friend, would do next.  As someone who knows Gessica, I will say that she was almost unrecognizable in this role as it is so unlike her real character.  This is how you know when someone is good at their craftGessica Geneus was a great addition to the cast.  

What I enjoyed even more was watching the people around me enjoy the film. You see the stuff that we take for granted in the states, such as going to the movies, is an enormous luxury here.  In Haiti there are no movie theaters in the entire country.  The one "theater" there was, was damaged during the 2010 earthquake.  So there is no date night, children are not saving their allowances to go see the new Superman flick.  

Those who can, travel abroad to see the new releases, and enjoy the simple pleasure.  But what about the people who cannot? I think of this generation who may never know what it is to see the inside of a theater.  What images would form their future, entice their creativity, inspire them to dream, let them know how far they can fly?  For who would I have been if I hadn't seen E.T. and encouraged my interest in life in faraway places.  I feel for them.  Every time another restaurant or better yet grocery store opens in PAP, I wonder how come no one else ever asks my questions.  

"We love you Anne" was not just a good film, but served as a well needed distraction.  I am honestly looking forward to Part III, and judging by the sounds of the cheers and applause as the characters took to the stage after the viewing, I believe the room was in agreement.  

See pics of the Avant-Premiere of the film, "We love you Anne"
"We love you Anne" sound man Paolo Charles
W/Actor Daniel Fils-Aime aka TonTon Bicha


W/Princess Eud 
actor and film make-up artist Maikadou Rosier

W/Film costume designer, David Andre 
Actor Gessica Geneus

W/film director Richard Senecal 
Princess Eud 
Singer/model Marodie Pierre

The cast of We Love you Anne 

0 comments:

Post a Comment